We are a family owned farm (not a factory farm) and we have our artisan grass fed beef hampers processed and packed usually once a month, sometimes twice. You can order at any time… it just may then be a few weeks of anticipation until your hamper arrives. When you order, we will let you know the likely delivery date. This will give you a bit of time to clean the freezer out.
Where do we deliver to?
We deliver Victoria wide.
Will my food be delivered chilled or frozen?
For Melbourne metro areas we can arrange for your orders to be delivered chilled. For other areas the food will have to be delivered frozen.
Will my order be delivered to my home?
Yes, it will be delivered to the address you specified when placing the order.
Is the delivery free?
No, there is a shipping cost that must be paid for. We will do our best to keep it to the minimum, just to cover the shipping cost we pay.
How is the food packed?
You’ll receive your order portioned and vacuum sealed – no leaks, no mess – ready to go into the freezer Each pack will clearly labelled.
Is our free range food preservative free?
Yes,all of free range food is preservative free…and delicious!
All of our animals are 100% pasture fed, which is better for the animals and better for us. Our animals do not have any grain in their diet.
What is the best way to store the food?
Freezing is best to optimise the shelf life and freshness of your food, unless ypu plan to eat it soon.
IMPORTANT STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
- Ensure that meat is placed in an already cold freezer to freeze quickly.
- Store trays in vertical position to prevent them sticking together.
- Alternate and criss-cross mince packs with roast meat packs to prevent sticking.
- Turn meat after 24 hours freezing to prevent packs sticking together.
For pan-fried or BBQ steak medium-rare:
Always completely thaw frozen meat before cooking
Use a moderately hot fry-pan but do NOT oil or grease pan,
- Wash and dry steaks using kitchen paper towel
- Brush oil onto both sides of steaks
- Cook 3 minutes on each side- do not poke or prod and turn once only
- While cooking second side, brush a little oil onto top surface of steak
- Remove pan from heat and allow steak to stand for 3 minutes in pan
- Place steak on warmed plate and rest for 3 mins
- Serve and Enjoy!
Adjust above times for your preference of rare, medium or well done.
Please do not hesitate to email us you have any recipes you would like to share, questions or feed-back.
We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a top-quality product and service and are always open to suggestions for improvement.